TDA8922 general description:
The TDA8922 is a high efficiency class-D audio power amplifier with very low dissipation. The typical output power is 2 × 25 W. The device is available in the HSOP24 power package with a small internal heatsink and in the DBS23P through-hole power package. Depending on the supply voltage and load conditions, a very small or even no external heatsink is required. The amplifier operates over a wide supply voltage range from ±12.5 to ±30 V and consumes a very low quiescent current.
- High efficiency (∼90%)
- Operating supply voltage from ±12.5 to ±30 V
- Very low quiescent current
- Low distortion
- Usable as a stereo Single-Ended (SE) amplifier or as amono amplifier in Bridge-Tied Load (BTL)
- Fixed gain of 30 dB in Single-Ended (SE) and 36 dB in
- Bridge-Tied Load (BTL)
- High output power
- Good ripple rejection
- Internal switching frequency can be overruled by an external clock
- No switch-on or switch-off plop noise
- Short-circuit proof across load and to supply lines
- Electrostatic discharge protection
- Thermally protected.
- Television sets
- Home-sound sets
- Multimedia systems
- All mains fed audio systems
- Car audio (boosters).