The TDA1515BQ is a monolithic integrated class-B output amplifier in a 13-lead single in-line (SIL) plastic power package. The device is primarily developed for car radio applications, and also to drive low-impedance loads (down to 1,6 Ω). At a supply voltage VP = 14,4 V, an output power of 24 W can be delivered into a 4 Ω BTL (Bridge Tied Load), or, when used as stereo amplifier, it delivers 2 × 12 W into 2 Ω or 2 × 7 W into 4 Ω.
- flexibility in use − mono BTL as well as stereo
- high output power
- low offset voltage at the output (important for BTL)
- large usable gain variation
- very good ripple rejection
- internal limited bandwidth for high frequencies
- low stand-by current possibility (typ. 1 µA), to simplify required switches; TTL drive possible
- low number and small sized external components
- high reliability.
- The following currently required protections are incorporated in the circuit. These protections also have positive influence on reliability in the applications.
- load dump protection
- a.c. and d.c. short-circuit safe to ground up to VP = 18 V
- thermal protection
- speaker protection in bridge configuration
- SOAR protection
- outputs short-circuit safe to ground in BTL
- reverse polarity safe.
|car radio power amplifier mono|
|car radio power amplifier stereo|